Thursday, January 19, 2012

Step One



I guess the first step to being a grown up is to move out of your parents house.  Well, maybe get a job and THEN move out of your parents house.  Technically, finish school, then get a job, then move out of your parents house...

Now that I think about it, I'm on step three.

"If you go to a four-year private university after high school we will pay for your education."  -Mom and Dad

Hey, it sounded good to me and it kept me out of trouble.  I worked hard, applied to 11 schools, got into 9 and I was off to Florida to the University of Tampa in August of 2004.  Fast forward to Summer 2005 when I was back in California over summer break where I decided I wanted to change my major and move back to Orange County to finish out my degree.  I was now off to Chapman University to major in Public Relations and Advertising and the rest, as they say, was history.

2009 was probably the worst year to graduate from college.  I couldn't find a job ANYWHERE.  I signed up with a temp agency and started my long term assignment at the Orange County Fire Authority (the perks were great.. and by perks I mean being around firefighters all day).  Then more government budget cuts were taken and I was out of a job again.

Back to the temp agency I went.  I was assigned to ISTA Pharmaceuticals in June 2010 and was finally hired on as a full time employee in January 2011.  It took nearly 2 years, but I finally had a job!

The "growing up" finally began when I accepted that job offer.  Boy oh boy was I in for a wild ride.  Now, here I am, writing a blog of what I did, how I did it, where I screwed up, and what I learned from it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment