Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Hills of Old Wyoming




"Wake with a song! Wake with the sun!
Saddle to mend, cattle to tend, Plenty to be done"

In July of 2011 I started a tradition.  That tradition is taking a yearly trip to Wyoming.

Back story: I met my biological sister Katie and her family for the first time in 2011, on my 25th birthday.  They drove from Wyoming to California to meet me for a few days, then we all packed up and drove 20 hours straight to her home town back in Wyoming so I could meet my sister Cayla and her two boys, and my little sister Dreama for the first time.

Lesson learned: being an adult means making risky decisions and taking chances that could potentially turnout horribly.  

In this case, it was the best decision I could have made.  I hit it off with my sisters immediately.  My nephews didn't need any time to warm up to me.  It all fit.  It was amazing.
Katie and I on my 25th birthday
Myself and sister Cayla
Me and sister Dreama
My nephews: Bryce, Blevins, and Brody

From my first day in Wyoming, I knew that this would be a yearly trip.  I missed out on 25 years of my siblings in my life, I'm not going to miss another one.

Things I learned from meeting my sisters:
 We are all obsessed with Hidden Valley Ranch dressing
 We all have dimples in our shoulders
 I can, in fact, live in cowboy boots
 Deep down, I don't belong in the city
 I love being "Auntie Chelle"
 Cooking skills are hereditary
 It's O.K. to be a little weird

No comments:

Post a Comment