Monday, January 30, 2012

Hike!


Like many Californians, I probably won't be watching the Super Bowl this year based on my love of the game.  I mean, I'm a die hard Chargers fan, and therefore not even remotely a New England fan.  Let's face it, the Giants are just another version of the Patriots anyway.  This year it's New England v New England.  Either way, a New England team is going to win, and a New England team is going to lose.  Boooooring. 

I would have been sooooo excited if a certain number-themed California team made it to the bowl, but it didn't, so I'll be hanging out watching awesome commercials on my 55" 3DHDTV instead of the game.

Coca-Cola has made watching the commercials more interesting this year.  They are introducing a live reaction format into their famed Polar Bear ads.  These bears will react during the commercial breaks to what  happened in the game. (For more info click here: Coke Polar Bowl)

This doesn't really have anything to do with being a "Grown up" other than the fact that I have my own place, with my own TV, my own beer, and my own couch to sit and channel surf on throughout the game without anyone complaining.

Some of my favorite commercials from years past are below for your viewing and reminiscing pleasure:

Budweiser 2003:

Doritos 2011:

Taco Bell 2007:


And probably the two most famous of them all
Pepsi 1992:

Budweiser 1995: 

No comments:

Post a Comment