Friday, February 10, 2012

Everything Happens for a Reason


About a month ago I posted about a house that I lost at the last minute.  Now, finally, I am able to post about the house that I did end up finding and purchasing.

I was looking mostly at short sales and foreclosures because, frankly, at 25 years old, that's what I could afford. There was a listing for a really cool looking short sale in Ladera Ranch that I wanted to go look at.  We called the agent associated with the home and met him the following weekend.  He did some research and found a couple more town-homes in the area for us to look at.

That day, we saw four condos and town homes.  Three of them were one bedrooms, one was a two bedroom.

I was determined to find a home that day.  Little did I know, I would.

When we arrived on Valmont Way, we were actually supposed to look at a split level one bedroom with an attached garage.  Unfortunately, the homeowner was still home, so we went to look at another property first to give her time to get organized and ready for us to come see her property.

My agent warned us that the condo we were looking at instead of the split level was a standard sale, but that it was within our budget, so we should look at it anyway.

I fell in love.

It two level town -home backing up to a nature preserve and hiking trails.  Two master bedrooms and three bathrooms.  Bedroom level laundry.  Dining room.  Patio.  Two-car garage.  The best part, though, is that this house was an investment property, so everything was new!  New carpet, paint, bathroom fixtures, the list goes on.  I wouldn't have to do anything but buy a fridge.

We made our offer that night.  We offered $100.00 more than the asking price to make it a round number and to show the seller that we were interested.  Several other offers were made, but the next day we got a call and our offer was accepted!  I did everything in my power not to get my hopes up like the first time. 

We chose a new lender (Prime Lending - if you're looking to purchase, I would suggest working with them.  It was a great experience!)



I'm finally all moved in, organized, and settled.  I'm still waiting for my coffee table, which has been on back order for two months.  Other than that, everything is amazing.

Now that I've officially posted about my home, I can start putting updates up that I have been wanting to, but couldn't since I hadn't make it "blog-official" yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment